Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Gila Valley Arizona Temple


May 23, 2010, the dedication of the Gila Valley Arizona Temple. I feel so blessed to be able to witness this wonderful moment in the history of our valley and our church. As I sat in the audience and was touched by the messages and the dedication ceremony I was humbled and grateful for all of my blessings. I have experienced many things over the years. I have learned some very hard lessons, but what I definately know to be true is that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the only church that holds all of the keys to the restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for the Atonement and for the sacrifice of my older brother Jesus Christ. Without the atonement available to all of us, we would never be able to earn eternal life. This I know is true. I'm grateful that we do not have to be perfect, but that we need to be doing all we can and trying to do better each and every day. That is all we can do. Do I want to be perfect, of course! Will I be in this life, probably not. I'm grateful for the knowledge that I have that my family is an eternal family. It may not look like everyone else's but we are strong, we may not be perfect but we are trying. I love my kids more than anything else in this world and promise I will do everything I can to help them along their way in life as they figure out what is important and what isn't. I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father has directed our Prophet that a temple should be built in The Gila Valley. We have waited a long time and now it is up to us to use it and bring blessings into our lives and into the lives of others.

This day is truly a day to REJOICE!!!

1 comment:

Mike, Trish, Megan, Ryan and Cameron Gardner said...

Thank you for sharing your testimony, Cindi.