Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Big Day is here...


For months the Youth of the Gila Valley Temple District have been practicing for the Gila Valley Temple Cultural Celebration. I told my kids from the very beginning, "I have waited my whole life to be in the same place as the Prophet of God, you are going to have that opportunity before your life even begins." I couldn't believe we were so lucky to live in Thatcher during this time. I hate to say I was right? haha But I was! It was a big sacrifice for the kids. After many hours of practice over a 3 month period, lots of sore muscles, and the neverending question, "Why are we doing this again?" It was finally time for the big day to arrive. Above is a picture of our family, plus my other daughter Kellie T, just before the celebration would begin. The stands are beginning to fill up, there is excitment in the air, everyone knows the Prophet is in town and soon he will be right there with us. WOW, what a moment!

No comments: